Sunday, February 28, 2010

paper bags, plastic bags, designer bags?

As many girls, I am obsessed with handbags, clutches, tote bags, any bag that I can carry really. I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorites and a few that I long for. If I posted a picture of all my bags I think that this entire blog would just be pages of pictures.


This is my Louis Vuitton "collection". The small round one I got for Christmas when I was fourteen. The white multicolored Speedy bag I got for my fifteenth birthday and I just had to have it "because Jessica Simpson had it on the Newlyweds" (how funny is that?). The big monogrammed canvas (Galliera GM), I got in New York this July when we visited. I fell in love with it's size. I love big bags. And my latest addition I got in January, in Charleston, for my birthday. I adore the Speedy bags, but I'm obsessed with this pattern. It's called Damier Ebene and it's the original design by Louis Vuitton himself. The actual Monogram Canvas, the most popular, is actually a design done by his son after Louis Vuitton's death. (Yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with Louis Vuitton. My mom has a lot of the luggage pieces and yes I'm VERY jealous.)


Louis Vuitton and Tory Burch are on far different levels of bags, but I adore Tory. I mostly adore her shoes. I have probably 6 or 7 pairs. (Maybe I'll do a shoe blog soon!!) I also love her bags though. They are not too expensive and really great. I also have a Tory duffel bag, but it's at school so no picture. I have three of the same bag in black, white, and brown/black dots. That bag is fabulous! I love it because it has pockets on each end that are PERFECT for slipping your cell phone and chapstick in. I even used the white bag as a bookbag tote first semester (before I realized how stupid that was. Totes are cute, but way too heavy. Actual backpacks are way more practical). And the Silver one is a bag I love also. I got it two Christmases ago and it's great! I love Tory. Her style is iconic and she is GORGEOUS!


This is just a random conglomeration of a few of my favorite bags. Like I said, if I photographed all of my bags...well I can't even imagine how many pictures would be up here. I truly LOVE Burberry. I have their perfume, their rainboots, this bag, a scarf, etc. I love Burberry, that's all their is to it. This bag is great because it's going to be trendy forever due to the fact that it's just a simple tote. It came with a nice change bag inside also. I love it. I'm pretty much OVER Coach now, as everyone has it. I think some of their things are cute but when I got this bag I did love it. I never use it anymore. The Lilly pink and green bag, on the right, I got at the beach a few summers back. I love it. It has the word "Lilly" hidden in the pattern for her 50th? Anniversary (I can't remember exactly which anniversary it was. Maybe one of you will know). I got that Michael Kors bag on the left at the bottom three Christmases ago and I loved it at the time, but I never use it anymore. It's so great and I love those pockets on the outside. Like I said, I'm such a bag whore. =)


And I know I already talked about this bag, but it's the one I'm carrying currently and I adore it. The red fabric on the inside is my FAVORITE part. My very favorite bag (not pictured above) is my Gucci bag I got in Charleston a few years back. It is waterproof, which sounds awful, but its amazing. Unfortunately it's at school, otherwise I would have a photo. Anyway, what are you guys carrying and who are your favorite designers, whether they be high end or not? I love all bags. I will say I have a sweet spot for designers, but I sometimes find the cutest things at Target!

4 comments:

  1. i'm carrying michael kors right now- but i think my favorite bag i ever carried was my marc jacobs. unfortunately, the material on the MJ started to wear so i had to take it back (after a year- and nordstrom took it right back! love nordstrom!). i almost cried. i hate parting with purses. but i can honestly say that i got the most compliments on a jessica simpson clutch i carried last summer. she has some of the cutest purses- at great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome of Nordstrom! I love them! I love Marc too! I gave my mom an awesome navy MJ last Christmas that she has never used! I want her to let me have it so bad!!! I'm looking for a really pretty silver clutch right now to match an outfit to an event I have in mid march but I just cannot find one I love! I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, found your blog -- I love it!! Excited to be following and your Burberry bag is my favorite! xoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl! I'm so excited to have you following!

    ReplyDelete